Production and Fulfillment Assistant
Maker + Merchant is a quickly growing natural products company located in St. Charles, IL. Maker + Merchant creates organic, responsibly sourced skincare remedies focused on skin health. Our location primarily serves as a warehouse and production space for our sustainably created goods.
Maker + Merchant is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, dynamic, and responsible person to assist with daily warehouse operations. This role will work closely with the founder to organize and implement operations and fulfillment strategies.
This person must enjoy repetitive tasks and find joy in attending to details, while simultaneously prioritizing efficiency. The ideal candidate is equally capable to work independently and spearhead a project while also thriving in a team setting. Experience/ knowledge in skin and skin health, herbal medicine, and packaged food/supplement production is preferred but not necessary.
As a very small but growing business, we are interested in hiring someone for the long term with an interest in growing into a managerial role. The ideal candidate for this role must be comfortable moving between many different tasks in a day while cultivating a range of skills.
- Work with the founder to develop efficient and effective production + operation strategies to meet the growing demand
- Maintain production calendar to help keep multiple concurrent projects on track
- Production: Bottling and bagging extracts, oils, waxes, and herbs. Accurately labeling and filling products.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of production and receiving
- Inventory management
- Shipping and order fulfillment
- Warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized. Comfortable with repetitive work.
- Ability to learn quickly and transition between several tasks in one day
- Ability to embrace mistakes and use them as a learning opportunity
- Strong communication skills while possessing high emotional intelligence.
- Positive and helpful attitude and ability to work well as a team
- Upholds personal and professional cleanliness standards for good manufacturing principles and protocols
- In-person role. Must wear a face mask and follow COVID-19 protocols
- Willing and able to lift heavy boxes, equipment and shipments within the facility
- Basic computer skills
- Lifting of up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Standing on one's feet for 4-8 hours at a time
Part-time hourly, non-exempt position
Estimated Weekly Hours
Between 8-24 hours per week, 1-3 days per week Monday-Friday. Possible opportunity for more hours as we continue to grow.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.