nontoxic (vegan!) deodorant
A simple DIY recipe for a deodorant that- bonus- is vegan as well! Makes approximately 2 sticks.
- 1/4 cup Just Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Just Candelilla Wax
- 1 tbsp Just Cocoa Butter Wafers
- 1/2 tsp Just Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Just Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda (opt-out if you’re very sensitive)
- 20 drops essential oil of choice (tea tree is a great choice!)
- Double Boiler
- Stirring Rod or Spoon for stirring
- Stick containers for your deodorant
- Place Just Candelilla Wax, Just Cocoa Butter Wafers, and Just Coconut oil in your double boiler.
- Heat the oils until they are completely melted and fully incorporated.
- Add the Just Arrowroot Powder, Just Sunflower Oil, and baking soda (if using) and mix well using your spoon or stirring rod.
- Remove from heat, and add essential oils, mixing well.
- Working quickly, pour into your stick deodorant containers.
- Carefully place your deodorants into the refrigerator and allow them to harden overnight.