make good// nourishing vegan body balm stick
Body balm sticks are a convenient way to take your favorite nourishing skincare product to go. This stick format utilizes Carnauba Wax to harden the butter into an easy to use roll-up version. Carnauba wax is a vegan skincare go-to ingredient, but feel free to try different waxes to make this nourishing recipe. A great substitute for Carnauba is Candelilla Wax which is another vegan alternative to Beeswax. Just remember, in order to keep it truly vegan, a vegan wax substitute would need to be used.
Once this recipe has set overnight, throw it in your purse or gym bag for a nourishing on-the-go treat.
One stick is approximately 2.5 oz, this recipe makes 2 body balm sticks.
Makes 5 oz.
- Just Refined Shea Butter - .6 oz
- Just Cocoa Butter Wafers- 1.8 oz
- Just Carnauba Wax - .5 oz
- Just Avocado Oil- 1.1 oz
- Vitamin E - a couple drops
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Double Boiler
- Spoon or Chopstick for Stirring
- Stick Packaging (think similar to traditional deodorant sticks)
- Measuring implements
- Gently melt your solid ingredients in the double boiler until they are fully melted.
- When all of the solid ingredients are fully melted, add the Avocado Oil and stir well to incorporate.
- Remove the beaker from the water bath, stir often and as the mixture cools slightly and add the Vitamin E (antioxidant) and essential oils (if using).
- Pour the blend carefully into your stick containers and place in the fridge to set for a few hours as a minimum, preferably overnight. Each stick is approximately 2.5 oz.
- After the balm set, remove the containers from the fridge and allow to return to room temperature before use. Label your creation and it’s ready to use!