make good// lauren's remedy balm
Makes 490g (approximately 16oz)
- Fair Trade Organic Shea Butter: 200g
- Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter Wafers: 100g
- Organic Sweet Almond Oil- 190g
- A few drops of Vitamin E (Optional)
Essential Oil (Optional)
- Measure Cocoa Butter Wafers + Shea Butter and melt together in a double boiler over low heat
- Once fully melted, remove your melted butters from heat and incorporate Sweet Almond Oil. Stir to evenly combine all of your ingredients.
- If using, add your essential oil(s) and Vitamin E once your blend has slightly cooled. Stir to evenly incorporate.
- Pour into container(s) of choice. We like to use 4 oz glass jars with a screw-on lid but tins also work well!
- Allow your balm to fully cool and solidify before use, about 24 hours.
Use this balm for any areas needing extra rich skin protection. Pro tip: Swap out the sweet almond oil for an infused oil for an extra dose of plant-based goodness!